Thursday, August 09, 2007

He can't walk, but he sure can climb!

Yesterday, Baby Boy decided he wanted to start climbing on the furniture. The little terd wont walk, but he's now slowly evolving into a monkey. I figure, like everyone said, that as soon as he gets his x-rays, he'll start to walk. But you know what? The x-rays are going to have to be put off for the next couple weeks. I found out that it will cost us 250 bucks to get them done. That's our deductible. And right now, with all our money being sunk into house stuff, it just isn't possible right this moment. Plus, Hub's college courses start soon, and he needs the book for his first class. 130 bucks! For a damn book. Rediculous. He contemplated dropping the course so that that money could get Baby's x-rays, but I told him no. Baby Boy isn't in any pain or anything, and I just don't think the x-rays are urgent at the time being. From what the doc said, it's just to rule out anything.

On the neighbor front, I am still getting the cold shoulder. Yep, no "Hi's", waves, or anything, even with my attempts to make small talk. The kids have played together since, outside of course where I am watching, but she has failed to make an appearance. Her kids just make there way accross the street, and they all end up playing. It drives me nuts that the little girl (aka the girl who bit Crazy) walks back and forth across our street without any supervision. She turns 3 in Sept. I try my best to keep an eye on her, only because it drives me nuts that a little girl is out running about on her own, but I get sick of the fact that I end up being the babysitter becuase her mom is still pissed at me. Oh well, screw her. I'm moving anyways... lol

Here is Baby Boy being his new monkey self.....


11 comments:

Kari said...

Silly little monkey! He's so cute!
I would think that if he's not in any type of discomfort, and you said the other kids walked late then give him a little more time. He's obviously moving around just fine, lol.

I can't believe that your neighbors would let their 2 year old little girl wonder across the street on her own! I would flip my lid if they were my neighbor!!

Unknown said...

A $250 deductible? OMG...the health care...I'm sorry that it's costing that much to check on your child's well-being. That is ridiculous, hopefully he will just up and start walking in the next week!!!

He is dang cute though!!!

Me said...

He is a monkey isn't he??!! But what a cute damn monkey he is :D I love that picuture of him on the right-side here....someone real cool must have taken that. Haha!

And, I agree, he's in no pain, so why bother for the moment. I think he's moving around just fine. He'll be up and moving soon enough. He'll be wanting to run around with Brother.

Melissa said...

He's so cute!

kimmyk said...

I can not believe that someone would let their baby run around and cross streets without supervision. Insane.

It sucks that our healthcare system here in the US sucks so much that a person has to decide what to pay for first-our health or [insert other expense here]. Horrible.

I hope that he just up and walks for ya Choppzs. But a hospital can't deny your X-Rays based on insurance or deductibles. You can make payment arrangements and pay five bucks a month if ya have to. Just an FYI for you.

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, he is adorable!!! Morgan wants to know if you guys are up for moving to Ohio!

Then they could be monkeys together, because I swear Morgan's favorite thing in the world is to climb up the couch, on the chairs, picnic tables, up the stairs constantly! The girl likes to climb. Forget walking when you can climb...much more fun! :D

for a different kind of girl said...

He looks pretty darn proud of himself there with his latest accomoplishment! Perhaps the wait and see route is the best way to go!

Sorry about the neighbor situation. I kind of have the same type. I end up ensuring the safety of the neighborhood kids for their parents, most of whom couldn't tell you my name if they were promised a million bucks if they got it right! So yeah for moving! Wish I were (instead, many of my neighbors are!)

Ben said...

250 bones, that's nuts. Healthcare in this country definitely sucks hands down and good for you keeping an eye on the little kid, even though you shouldn't have to.

Liza said...

I love the new pictures on your side bar! too cute!!

Silly little Baby Boy is too cute!

that is a really expensive book! what is the classes he's taking?

{illyria} said...

sadly, in my part of the world--and in the poorer parts of town, too--toddlers are literally taking over the streets.

and keeping an eye on the little one makes me think that you're definitely up for a mommy and all-over-good-person award.

p.s. i heart your Baby Boy.

Nature Girl said...

Baby Boy is ADORABLE! $250 smackers...gotta luv the military eh? People always think we got it so good being in.."free" healthcare and all that jazz..yeah right!

and if your neighbor were my neighbor letting her kid that young cross the street unattended, I think I'd make an "anonymous" call ifyouknowwhatimean. That's crazy! Good for you for looking out for the little ones!
Stacie