Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Weekend

This was a nice, long weekend. Had friends to BBQ, ate a few hot dogs, drank a few glasses of wine,Hubs watched old War movies, and we pulled out the pools. We had a bigger pool for the bigger kids, but after 3 times blowing it up and watching it deflate, I figured it had a leak. And I am much to lazy to go around trying to find a pin size hole to patch. So it got dumped. As you can see though, the kiddies had fun anyways in their baby pools! lol

Today I believe we are making an offer on the house. We went and looked at that other home (the barn house) on 5 acres, but as soon as we walked in, it was a definite NO! lol We feel like the other home may be meant for us. We have allot of things we want to do to it to make it our own. I have come to the realization that it will be allot of work, but it is going to take a long time to get it to what I see it as in my head. That's OK though, it will be ours and we have that option to take our time. No one to tell us how to do it, or when or why. I am still nervous, but anxious to get the process started and do some hard work. I am especially anxious to get out from under Sir Raise our Rent's house, and tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine! lol


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sugar Daddy and I are also great lovers of houses that require way more work than we had hoped for...my best piece of advice? Go to Home Depot and Lowe's (if you have those out there) web-sites and see if you can sign up for a 10% off coupon on-line. HD used to have one but they sent it through snail mail so it could take a few weeks to get to you. Then when you're ready to tackle the house you buy all your big things at once and use the 10% off coupon...we did that on a $10K or $17K purchase (windows for the house, exterior doors, garage doors, faucets, etc., etc.) and saved a boatload.

I can't wait to see pictures of the potential house and am crossing my fingers for you guys!!!

Hey, don't you live in CA? Did you rob a bank last weekend? Or wait! You won the lottery, right?!?!

;) (just giving you a hard time about housing prices)

Nature Girl said...

crossing fingers for you that it goes well and your bid is accepted! Your kids are so darn cute!
Stacie

Amie said...

Your kiddos looked like they had fun.

Good luck with the home buying!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a nice long weekend. The kiddies looked like they had fun in the little pool. Baby Boy is so darn cute!

Good luck with the offer! I hope it all works out for you!

Me said...

Oh yay! That's so cool! I think Ma told me about that over the weekend or something. I can't remember now :) It'll look great tho when you're all done tho :)

kimmyk said...

Good luck with the offer!

Buying a house is stressful and exciting all rolled into one. I hope it all works out for you.

The kids look so sweet...I wish I had a baby pool to lounge in, but I'm afraid the neighbors wouldn't approve.

Ben said...

Best of luck on your bid little lady, looks like you guys had a relaxing one.

Jamie said...

Ah, cute pics;) Do you have any pics of the house? Is it listed online? Not like you want to show everyone, but maybe a select few;) I LOVE looking at houses online...lol...even when its not for me! Hope it works out- and it is very scary. We're in the process of refinancing and even that scares me!

ALRO said...

Hey - you should have a 'NO DIVING' sign next to the pool!! ;)
You never know if the neighbour gets drunk and has the bright idea about sneaking into your backyard for a dip - you wouldn't wanna be liable!!!

Hope you get your house..

Liza said...

AWWW the pics are so cute! i esp. love the last one :)